What is your method for cooking a perfect hard boiled egg?
It may seem obvious, but I've found that everyone has little things they do differently to get a perfect, easy to peel egg.
I boil my eggs and then rinse under cold water. Let the eggs sit out on the counter in a bowl or in the pot you boiled them in until they are cool enough to peel.
1. If the eggs have been kept in the refrigerator, take it out and put for boiling only when it is at room temperature.
2. Keep the flame low to begin with. Increase to high flame, when the water is hot enough to start boiling.
3. You can put half teaspoonful of common salt in the water containing eggs, which is to be boiled. It helps in protecting the eggs from breaking.
4. The pot should be large enough to accommodate the eggs and the water should cover the eggs.
5. When the water containing eggs starts boiling, let it boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool and peel the shell. Eat , when it is still warm.
I usually put them in cold water and bring water to a boil. turn heat down to medium and boil gently for about 20 minutes. drain water and pour in cold water to cool down the eggs. peel and eat! I've heard that adding vinegar to the water helps in some way the peeling process, but I've not yet tried it.
I recently learned about preparing hard boiled eggs in oven. Just need to place them in a muffin tray and put them in a preheated oven.
After around 30 mins, keep them in ice cold water for about 5-7 minutes.
And it's done!
by Christin Sander3 years ago
How do you get hard boiled eggs to turn out perfectly and be easy to peel?I suspect my eggs may be too fresh, seeing as how they are straight from the coop and only a few days old. I've tried removing from heat...
by Nira Perkins4 years ago
If a hard boiled egg cracks is it still okay to save and eat later?If it just has a slight crack and nothing has leaked out. Not sure if it goes bad quickly or if you can't eat it at all.
by wiserworld19 months ago
How do you like your eggs?
by David R Bradley7 years ago
Can cats eat a hard boiled egg?
by CWanamaker5 years ago
What is the healthiest way to prepare an Egg?Poached, Scrambled, Over Easy, Fried, Hard Boiled?
by Eric Dierker5 years ago
Am I a bad man for boiling my eggs for 7 minutes?6 years later, the tag is on my mattress if you know what I mean.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.