jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your method for cooking a perfect hard boiled egg?

1. Victoria Anne profile image98
    Victoria Anneposted 5 years ago

What is your method for cooking a perfect hard boiled egg?

It may seem obvious, but I've found that everyone has little things they do differently to get a perfect, easy to peel egg.

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

I boil my eggs and then rinse under cold water. Let the eggs sit out on the counter in a bowl or in the pot you boiled them in until they are cool enough to peel.

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

1. If the eggs have been kept in the refrigerator, take it out and put for boiling only when it is at room temperature.
    2. Keep the flame low to begin with. Increase to high flame, when the water is hot enough to start boiling.
    3. You can put half teaspoonful of common salt in the water containing eggs, which is to be boiled. It helps in protecting the eggs from breaking.
    4. The pot should be large enough to accommodate the eggs and the water should cover the eggs.
    5. When the water containing  eggs starts boiling, let it boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool and peel the shell. Eat , when it is still warm.

4. moonfairy profile image78
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I usually put them in cold water and bring water to a boil. turn heat down to medium and boil gently for about 20 minutes. drain water and pour in cold water to cool down the eggs. peel and eat! I've heard that adding vinegar to the water helps in some way the peeling process, but I've not yet tried it.

5. profile image61
    Anika Diariesposted 3 years ago

I recently learned about preparing hard boiled eggs in oven. Just need to place them in a muffin tray and put them in a preheated oven.
    After around 30 mins, keep them in ice cold water for about 5-7 minutes.
    And it's done!