What make Southern Cooking true "Southern Cooking" in terms of technique and spi

1. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

What make Southern Cooking true "Southern Cooking" in terms of technique and spices?

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image78
    LeslieAdrienneposted 6 years ago

I live in the South and even when I didn't live in the actual South I lived in the southern part of a state.

In the South... no matter what race you are you cook with Prayer. "Oh Lord", and "Thank You Jesus", are a part of any meal preparation.

Secondly, if there is no Fat-Back in something than your southern meal is counterfeit

3. vlasha profile image60
    vlashaposted 6 years ago

The love of cooking makes your techniques come alive;
    you take your time with the food, use a lot of fresh ingredients(no processed food) feel good while preparing, and absolutely need your meal to taste good.
    You are cooking so that everyone will enjoy and feel good eating what you have prepared- also you would not want the word- of- mouth to be "that dinner was bland, not eating there/that again".
    Spices are a toss up - we use a lot of pepper blends(mrs.dash,seasoning salts) foods that release juices for flavors(onions,ham hock bones, bacon) we love rich, flavorful, foods that leave you sucking on your fingers.. hope this helps..

working