jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What is the secret ingredient in most of your food recipes which makes it taste

1. rjvikas profile image67
    rjvikasposted 4 years ago

What is the secret ingredient in most of your food recipes which makes it taste awesome?

Some people use spices like cardamom and turmeric while others might just be using the right amount of salt and still make their food incredible. What do you use?

2. WhatToCook profile image73
    WhatToCookposted 4 years ago

Mine would be nutmeg I added to most things I make.

rjvikasposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Nutmeg is awesome! I use it on several occassions in my recipes. I see that you have hubs on the food category. I definitely need to follow you. I can be a hungry hippo at times. smile

2. celafoe profile image61
      celafoeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

that is interesting I though i was the only one to do that

3. Foodstuff profile image95
    Foodstuffposted 4 years ago

I think the most important ingredient is quality produce. Nothing will make poor quality produce taste good. I am not talking about expensive cuts of meat etc. In fact, the non-prime cuts of meat are actually more flavoursome. Fresh seasonal vegetables and fruits and where you are using spices, they should be as fresh as well. Stale spices lose much of their zing.

And of course, cooking with love and care.

You have got a really good point over here. Fresh ingredients are a must when it comes to cooking. But many a times, the right thing in the wrong person's hands can prove to be disastrous.

4. celafoe profile image61
    celafoeposted 4 years ago

It is secret If I tell you I would have to kill you.  or it would no longer be a secret.  but i will give you a hint.   It depends on what I am cooking.

I don't mind you doing that as long as you tell me all your food secrets a year before you kill me. smile

working