This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it good to keep changing the types of food you eat?

1. whoisbid profile image74
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Is it good to keep changing the types of food you eat?

I met someone who eats kebabs every day but they would never eat raw fish. Do you think that people who vary their diet benefit more?

2. Cat R profile image76
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

It depents on your stomach. If you are well traveled or like to experiment, you should be able to eat anything; and if you are healthy enough for it.

I grew up eating different foods and every month we tried a different restaurant. But after over 20 years of drinking too much coffee, my stomach doesn't do well with a lot of stuff. Amazingly I can still eat spicy food, but anything with a lot of creme or grease in it will become an issue.

With animals (pets such as dogs, cats, etc) we usually recommend to stay with the same food; especially with those that have sensitive stomachs. Unless they are used to changes.

I really don't go by what I am used to. I like to try new things and eat what I like. Only limit is my wallet and my imagination. But unlike Andrew Zimmer, there are certain things even I wouldn't touch!

3. eye say profile image80
    eye sayposted 6 years ago

It is good. I have food allergies and so does my daughter. We have been advise to rotate the foods in our diet because we become allergic to a food that we eat daily. Milk and wheat our off our food list now, and my daughter was tested 6 months ago and told no more broccoli, which she used to eat everyday. So I took the wheat and milk completely out of her diet for 2 years and now she can have both in small amounts maybe twice a week.

So yes, change up the types of food you eat and remember "Variety is the Spice of Life"

4. Ruchi Urvashi profile image75
    Ruchi Urvashiposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is a good idea to have different colors of food every day, then we get different nutrients and the chances of deficiency is less.

It also helps when a certain type of food that we are eating might have small amounts of toxins, unknown to us. It might not affect our body if we eat it once in a while but if we eat regularly, it might cause cancer or other dangerous diseases.

Well, I am vegetarian and in this sense, I am not rotating my food to meat or fish. I am still quite healthy and I feel light and energized.

working