jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What does it take to be a good cook?

1. CookwareBliss profile image74
    CookwareBlissposted 6 years ago

What does it take to be a good cook?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6079102_f260.jpg

2. Inspired to write profile image78
    Inspired to writeposted 6 years ago

Imagination, not afraid to experiment & definitely, YOU MUST TASTE AS YOU GO ALONG with your dish lol!

Also if you are deciding to prepare a meal, you must become busy, & dedicated to that dish you are preparing until it is done & served up.

Anyway CookwareBliss judging by your name here it seems like you are a professional but these are only my own opinions as a guy that enjoys preparing  foods & enjoys eating them even more so.

I am also following this question hub to pick up tips from others along the way.

All the best. Regards Dale

3. CookwareBliss profile image74
    CookwareBlissposted 6 years ago

Thanks " Inspired to write" for your words of wisdom, I enjoyed your comments smile

4. WAHmom profile image56
    WAHmomposted 6 years ago

I'd say that a good cook should have the proper training--in theory which is gained at school and actual practice. However, he will be the best cook if, in addition to his acquired skills in school and in practice, he puts his heart into his cooking all the time! Thank you.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think anyone can follow a recipe but what it takes to be a good cook is the desire to be good, an overall desire to make good food.  My daughter and I can both follow a recipe and mine will be okay.  Her version will be awesome because she loves doing it and may add little of this or that and it becomes awesome.

working