Do you choose organics for yourself and your family?

1. SherryDigital profile image61
    SherryDigitalposted 6 years ago

Do you choose organics for yourself and your family?

If not, why? Are you not concerned with pesticides? Have you researched about the dangers of pesticides?

2. BlissfulWriter profile image67
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Buying organic foods is worth it and it matters.  It is all about reducing our toxic chemical load on our system.  Learn which foods best to get organic. read more

3. DeborahNeyens profile image98
    DeborahNeyensposted 6 years ago

In the summer, I grow a lot of my own food using organic methods.  In the winter, I use the dirty dozen/clean 15 lists to decide what produce to buy organically.  (Those are the lists of the produce that contains the most/least pesticide residue when grown non-organically.)  I have family members that raise chickens, so I get farm fresh eggs from them, but when their hens aren't laying in the winter, I buy organic, cage-free eggs.  I have started to buy more and more pastured, organic meat.  I recently joined a local food buying co-op and through that am able to source meat from local producers.  I haven't really looked into organic dairy yet.  I probably should.  We drink a lot of milk.  I don't buy much processed food in general, but when I do pick up something like a can of soup, I tend to look to the organic products first.