Should Raw Milk be available for purchase in every state in the USA?

1. MojoDawg profile image61
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

Should Raw Milk be available for purchase in every state in the USA?

USDA has determined raw milk is dangerous; Raw milk or whole cows milk is not available for sale in about half of the US and in the majority of the states that can sell it, the milk can only be purchased at the dairy itself, only a hand-full of states allow any retail sales.

2. SantaCruz profile image69
    SantaCruzposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't necessarily trust the USDA :-). The history of government-approved milk is so gross! Once upon a time, the typical family had their own cow in a clean pasture. They drank raw milk and had no problems. The trouble came when people moved to cities and milk became a mass-production thing. Cows were suddenly kept in nasty, disease-ridden urban factories. Their milk became unhealthy. Thus Pasteurization became a hit. Milk manufacturers actually added chalk and other white stuff to thicken the low-quality city milk... I could go on. I think that if you trust the source of your raw milk, and you don't have special health issues, then drinking raw milk makes more sense than drinking the other stuff. Pasteurization kills many benefits of milk.

3. CZCZCZ profile image85
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

I think as long as it is clear to the customer and the customer willingly gives up there ability to sue the retailer or farmer for any sickness then sure go for it.  I understand the benefits that it can provide and believe a lot of food is best in this manner.

working