jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some foods you always should buy organic?

1. sunbun143 profile image84
    sunbun143posted 6 years ago

What are some foods you always should buy organic?

2. Nomascus concolor profile image60
    Nomascus concolorposted 6 years ago

Any food that you would normally buy, and that is now available as organic. However, money can still be an issue sometimes...

3. Ciel Clark profile image73
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

As many as you can!  They are expensive though, so I try at least to buy things that are more difficult to wash, like broccoli.

4. Dreamlin profile image75
    Dreamlinposted 6 years ago

A recent study done by the Environmental Working Group, a nonprofit organization that analyzes the results of government pesticide testing in the U.S. shows that 12 common fruits and vegetables contain the highest pesticide levels on average. The fruits are: Apples, Nectarines, Peaches, Grapes (Imported), Pears, Cherries and Strawberries. The Vegetables are: Kale, Bell Peppers, Lettuce, Carrots, and Celery.  Because of their high pesticide levels when conventionally grown, it is best to buy them organic.
    I wrote several Hubs explaining Organic products, why should we buy them, where to find the cheapest in US. You will be surprised. Sometimes they are not as expensive as you think.
    For me, personally, I buy as much organic or all-natural products as possible. Excluding the junk food from my daily menu actually helps my diet. Now I eat smart, eat healthy and eat less. Hopefully my tips help.