jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you ever tried to duplicate a restaurant / fast food item at home? What ite

1. L. Spikes profile image88
    L. Spikesposted 6 years ago

Have you ever tried to duplicate a restaurant / fast food item at home? What item was it?

How did it turn out? Worse, equal, better?

2. eatforcheaper profile image61
    eatforcheaperposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have tried to make my own Nandos chicken with their sauce as well but it didn't taste the same hmm

I needed to probably bbq it as well to give it that flame grilled taste...

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

My 7 year old sister once asked me to make a "crabby patty" like on Sponge Bob Squarepants.  Needless to say, I didn't even attemp it!
      I have however, tried to duplicate Red Lobster's cheddar biscuits.  They were fine, but not near as good.
      I had more success with the  "Cocacola Cake" from Cracker Barrel.  It is delicious!

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

We have a little deli in town that makes the greatest breakfast burritos.  We have tried to make them at home - they were good but still not at great as the deli.

5. Jools99 profile image92
    Jools99posted 6 years ago

Last Summer, I made the Cheesecake Factory New York Cheesescake from a recipe that I found online and it was very, very close to the real thing.  I was very impressed but it was huge!  Next time I will use the half the amounts.

6. ShepherdLover profile image72
    ShepherdLoverposted 6 years ago

Chipotle guacamole!  They have the recipe on their site actually, http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id … le_recipe, and it tastes almost exactly like theirs, but even better because you can customize it to your own tastes!

7. talfonso profile image81
    talfonsoposted 5 years ago

Sure, but with healthier modifications. I ate chicken fried steak on occasion at a few restaurants (T-Rex's is the most recent). I'd duplicate the recipe, but fry the steak in a tiny bit of oil and bake to finish. Not close to the real thing, but healthier!

8. LauraD093 profile image83
    LauraD093posted 5 years ago

I make a mean Big Mac-it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what the secret sauce is . lol

working