jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How Much do You Tip at a Restaurant?

1. Shil1978 profile image91
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

How Much do You Tip at a Restaurant?

2. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

I use a scale. It's nothing for bad service, 5% for poor but passable, 10% for the usual, 15% for good, and 20% for outstanding. I'm the sole judge of it, too, and there's no appeal.

3. Natisu profile image75
    Natisuposted 5 years ago

I have a little meter going in my head like a taxi. But it goes backwards. I start out at 20% it will stay there if the server is rocking. If they are really rocking I will even go 25%. But it goes down if I have to wait rediculous amounts of time for items like refils, or an hour for my food, you can assume its going to be 0 at that point. If they come out and let me know my food is going to be late, or apologize in some facet, they keep the balance above 0, I may give them like 3 bucks.

I had service once, a month ago, where the girl was treating us obviously like she wanted to be elsewhere. Took 20 minutes for water, another 30 for our appetizer and over an hour for our food. No apology, no warning. Nothing. And then took her another 15 minutes after we got our entree to even ask if it was the right order (which mine was incorrect) another 15 minutes to fix it. The two tables that sat down after we finally got our water, ate and left before we got our entree. I can keep going on how horrible the service was, but I let the manager know. I have not seen her since. We ordered nothing fancy, or special. Just 2 burgers and some wings. Our food was burnt to a black hockey puck char as well. I told, and showed the manager. He offered us another entree. I told him I was too hungry to wait another hour for food, so we left and just got Wendy's. They made us pay. But you can be assured I'll never go back, or any of my friends. That was Buffalo Wild Wings in Paducah Kentucky. I had never been to one previously and wanted to know what the hype was about. Apparently the person hyping it was drunk. That place sucked.

4. profile image0
    mts1098posted 5 years ago

We go to a restaurant planning on leaving 20% and up it for great food and service and down it for bad food or service...cheers