What do you all think of the Pink Slime Issue in our Meat?

1. Dee42 profile image78
    Dee42posted 5 years ago

What do you all think of the Pink Slime Issue in our Meat?

2. DeborahNeyens profile image97
    DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago

I think it should be identified on the label so those of us who don't want to eat the stuff don't have to.  I think the lack of transparency is to blame for BPI's PR nightmare.  It seems to me that they knew the public would have little appetite for the stuff and therefore they basically were sneaking it into the food supply with the USDA's help.  There also appears to be a lot of collusion between the beef industry and the USDA.  People need to know where their food comes from and what's in it and make choices accordingly.  I personally will buy only pastured beef from local small producers from now on so I know what I'm getting.  I was doing that for the most part before the controversy arose, and the whole pink slime issue just underscores my decision.

3. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

I feel the farmers have dealt with enough slime. No wonder dairy farmers are slaughtering bull calves or giving them away because there is no profit in feeding them. Profits are slim to nothing now and it's not helping by putting fillers in the ground beef being sold. Next thing you know the hamburg you buy will be more slime than beef. It won't stop with the beef either, other food sources will have fills in it as well. And is there labels saying it's in there or does it say 100% beef when it's not? The USDA controls everything without thinking the issue through. They need someone controlling them.

working