jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If PINK SLIME is so BAD, why is OK to allow ANTIBIOTICS and HORMONES in our meat

1. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 5 years ago

If PINK SLIME is so BAD, why is OK to allow ANTIBIOTICS and HORMONES in our meats?

Ok, the press had a slow day and showed us the PINK SLIME issue and at least the affected ground meat will now be labeled as per the USDA.
    But, a far more dangerous thing is also happening to our meats, and that is the use of Drugs, specifically, ANTIBIOTICS and HORMONES.
    Why can;t we stop this?

2. Amethystraven profile image79
    Amethystravenposted 5 years ago

It's not ok. The FDA allows it for some reason. They are fed to the livestock animals to increase their growth for mass production for human consumption. Our bodies have so much antibiotics in them when we get a bacterial infection we can't or don't fight off the infection as well. The bacteria has mutated to the point of becoming immune to the antibiotic. Weird :-( Hormones beef up the livestock to increase their weight so the meat industry can make more $$$ per pound sold. It's a sad deal for all those who eat it unknowingly.

3. profile image0
    Fatigmonposted 5 years ago

I don't like the pink slime thing because it is a filler.  If I were buying the product, which I am not doing, I would feel like I'm getting taken.  I don't know what can be done about the Antibiotics and Hormones.  I think it would take a lot of screaming.  We, at our house, are more fortunate than most because we are able to purchase locally grown meats from people we know.

4. clairemy profile image78
    clairemyposted 5 years ago

I don't think it is ok to allow antibiotics and hormones into our meat.
    They are only fed to the animals to accelerate growth.
    Natural/Organic is best and the meat tastes so much better.