jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you prefer beer in a bottle or a can?

1. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer beer in a bottle or a can?

Many feel that beer stays fresher in a can than a bottle.  In fact, some microbrewers are now using cans for more of their beers.

2. giocatore profile image86
    giocatoreposted 5 years ago

The can is a superior package in many ways. It's lighter and more compact, making for easier transportation. It chills quickly. It's easily recycled, and consumers can flatten them if they like to save space before they do that. It protects beer from light. (Light, and not temperature change, causes skunking, ultraviolet light to be specific.) Canned beer has less air, which means the contents will stay fresh longer. Canning lines are much cheaper than bottling lines, reducing the capital required of the brewer. I would guess that the machine is simpler to operate and repair, since it doesn't require a labeler.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i love beer in a can but i do drink it from a bottle occasionally. if it's really cold, then it's all good.

4. Kyricus profile image61
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

I actually prefer it poured out of whichever container it's in, and into a glass.
    I enjoy seeing the beer I'm drinking almost as much as the drinking it.

5. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Kyricus, you made exactly the same point my son did.  He prefers his beer in a glass.  And I agree with both of you.  When I go out, I prefer draft beer.  I guess, I should have been more clear and asked when you purchase beer for home, do you prefer it in a bottle or a can.

Thanks for answering the question.