jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favorite cake of all time and why?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image76
    crazyhorsesghostposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite cake of all time and why?

I like chocolate cakes with chocolate layers and chocolate icing with a cu of coffee. How about you? What is your favorite chocolate cake?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6417219_f260.jpg

2. Matt Stan profile image60
    Matt Stanposted 6 years ago

That cake look amazing! My favorite is chocolate/peanut butter with peanut butter frosting and recees minis inside/garnished smile

3. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

Crazyhorses i'm with you, chocolate on chocolate for me!!

4. profile image0
    susanm23bposted 6 years ago

I really love chocolate too!  For my daughters' (twins) last birthday cake, I baked chocolate cake with ganache between the layers and chocolate frosting.  It was wonderful.  But the cake I always have for my birthday is one my grandmother made.  It is a yellow cake with a super simple fudge icing.  You cook the icing as you would fudge, but not as long.  Take it off the heat and whip until it is thick enough to pour over the cake.  You can't spread this, it runs down the sides of the cake just a bit.  It's my favorite smile

5. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

Chocolate is good, but I recently made a key lime cheesecake that was absolutely fabulous and because it's so unusual I think it and my moms pistachio cake are probably overtaking as the favorites smile

working