What are the symptoms of mercury poisoning?
How is it treated?
•Swollen, bleeding gums
•Burning in the stomach and throat
•Bloody diarrhea and vomiting
•Numbness or pain in certain parts of your skin
•Uncontrollable shake or tremor
•Inability to walk well
•Blindness and double vision
•Seizures and death (with large exposures)"
"•Humidified oxygen or air
•Breathing tube into the lungs
•Suctioning of mercury out of the lungs
•Medication to remove mercury and heavy metals from the body
•Fluids by IV (into a vein)
•Medicines to treat symptoms
•Activated charcoal, a medicine that soaks up many substances from the stomach
•Medicines called chelators to remove mercury from the blood"
All information was obtained from
U.S. National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency … 002476.htm
by itakins5 years ago
Should we limit the amount of fish we eat,for fear of mercury poisoning?How much is too much?
by JustaMendes7 years ago
Mercury is a toxic metal and very dangerous to human health and the environment, and many humans have it in there dental amalgam. Do you know where to take them safely?
by ii3rittles5 years ago
Salmonella poisoning/infection question?My husband thinks he has salmonella poisoning from Nesquick chocolate powder. He had been drinking it for over a month and he has been feeling sick to his stomach for 3 weeks now....
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.