jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have a special way to make pasta on Spaghetti Night at your house?

1. suzzycue profile image94
    suzzycueposted 6 years ago

Do you have a special way to make pasta on Spaghetti Night at your house?

I am looking for quick and easy ways to enhance pasta dishes. Last week I roasted lemon slices on a tray in the oven. Then I squeezed the juice out of them and added the roasted lemons also to olive oil,salt and pepper and poured over the pasta. Once it it plated then sprinkle parsly on top giving you a beautiful yellow ,green dish. The taste was so good, I ate it twice and will definitely keep it as a quick and easy dinner for any occasion.

2. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

Heres a switch. AFTER Spaghetti night combine the leftove pasta with leftover Chili. Called Jungle stew around here.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

I add harissa herbs and spices to the pasta sauce.  Also, I nearly always use penne, tortiglioni, or conchigle and add it to the sauce during cooking.  All their holes can then fill up with sauce, much better than pouring the sauce on a plate of pasta.

4. moonfairy profile image77
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

try fire roasted tomatoes with sauteed celery, mushrooms, garlic and red peppers. Thicken it a little with tomato paste and pour over linguini. sprinkle with fresh grated parmesean. it's pretty tasty!

5. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 5 years ago

Well, you two are much more advanced than me.  I cut up some leftover grilled hamburgers, mixed them with VeggieSmart spaghetti sauce, and poured it over whole wheat spaghetti.

working