jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How Do You Make Homemade French Fries?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

How Do You  Make Homemade French Fries?

What are the best or easiest ways to make homemade french fries? What are some great tips or tricks in making great homemade french fries?

2. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 5 years ago

Check out my hub on this - French fries is a misnomer, they are really Belgian fries - maybe you will get some good ideas.  Basically clean the potato, remove it of its skin, slice in half lengthwise, cut each half in thick (finger width) slices and fry them up in hot oil.  Not too hot to burn, not to cold to drink in unnecessary oil.  Drain, then put in another serving pot and salt with fine or coarse salt as you wish.  Absolutely delicious!!!

3. anglnwu profile image89
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

I made french fries at home all the time. Mine is not fried in oil but baked. You can still get the crispy outside, soft fluffiness inside. I cut potatoes  up into wedges or sticks and toss them with olive oil, salt, dried rosemary and parsely and pepper (if desired). Line them up on a baking tray (spray first so they don't stick) and bake at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Turn them over and bake them for another 15 to 20 minutes or until they're slightly golden on the outside. You get yummy, healthy and delicious french fries (or that's what I call them).

4. LaThing profile image74
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I make French fries both ways, frying them or baking them. My baked ones are quite similar to anglnwu's ones. But when I fry then I do soak them is salt  water after cutting them for about half an hour. Then pat dry before cooking in the fryer.