jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is drinking coffee an addiction?

1. LacretiaHardy profile image60
    LacretiaHardyposted 5 years ago

Is drinking coffee an addiction?

2. CZCZCZ profile image83
    CZCZCZposted 5 years ago

It is for me, I get a headache everyday that I forget to drink a cup or two of coffee in the morning.  I think its more about the caffeine then specifically the coffee though for me.

3. profile image0
    susanm23bposted 5 years ago

I don't think drinking coffee is an addiction but a habit.  I love coffee and would really miss it if I had to stop drinking it. 

If you drink coffee with caffeine and suddenly stop, you will notice a difference in how you feel.  When I was pregnant, my doctor told me to stop drinking coffee and tea with caffeine.  I had a three day headache sad

4. internpete profile image91
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

That's a good question. For me, addiction makes it sound negative, and I don't think drinking coffee is anything negative, so in that way its not an addiction.

I did stop drinking coffee for a week once and it was a little challenging and not very fun. I have come to the conclusion that I just really enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning, and its become more of a habit than anything else.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Caffeine is the one acceptable addiction it seems and that is what coffee and most sodas provide.  The coffee itself is not addictive.

6. profile image0
    BethDWposted 5 years ago

I've heard it said that caffeine is the most addictive substance there is...I don't know if that's true but I definitely couldn't live without my fix in the morning! And the rare days I have had to go without I always end up with a headache and a bad attitude!

7. K-112 profile image61
    K-112posted 4 years ago

Anything can be an addiction really...coffee is actually a common addiction. Some people rely on coffee at certain times of the day. Without it they may get headaches,experience mood changes, and other negative effects.

8. JamesGrantSmith profile image59
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

Yes coffee is an addiction, more specifically the caffeine in the coffee, you can become addicted to caffeine, you end up getting the shakes when you do not have caffeine until your body realizes no caffeine is coming.

working