jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Ideas for my new food Dehydrator?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Ideas for my new food Dehydrator?

So I just got a food Dehydrator. Anyone got any ideas of good starter foods? Recipes?

2. shadowspyro99 profile image60
    shadowspyro99posted 5 years ago

oh great idea on the dehydrator not many people realize this but that is how you make homemade jurkey.
    I made my first homemade jurkey with a dehydrator by buying raw stake, thin stake and cutting it in strips and you use whatever seasoning that you wish, such as garlic salt, which is very famous, also you could marinate the stake by pouring water and chicken or beef ramen noodles seasonings, you let the stake marinate for at least 24 hours. Also if you dehydrate it for 5 hours then you should have homemade jurkey.
    If you want you can also dehydrate fruit and use pure sugar, and lemon, or lime, should be a balance taste for parties I hope this helps.

3. Jools99 profile image90
    Jools99posted 5 years ago

Could you do tomatoes in there?  They would be like sundried tomatoes and you could preserve them in olive oil for later.

1. shadowspyro99 profile image60
      shadowspyro99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

that sounds rather tasty big_smile I guess we will never rind out unless you try it big_smile the only worse thing is that it taste like dry tires right?

4. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

banana chips, apple slices, peach slices, etc all do well and are easy.

5. profile image0
    Hubert Williamsposted 5 years ago

All the things I use one for are mentioned. I would suggest not using it to dry one's socks. Otherwise they are a lot of fun to experiment with.

6. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

I use one for venison jerky, dried fruit slices, and drying herbs from my herb garden.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i use one of those and i make soup for camping. i dehydrate vegies, meat and add spices . i vac-pack it and when were camping i add it to hot water on a fire and it makes a killer soup.