jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

What is your favorite way to eat kale?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 4 years ago

What is your favorite way to eat kale?

I have only just discovered it and would love to collect some awesome recipes.

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Take the stems out, drizzle with olive oil and a bit of sea salt or nutritional yeast (cheesy flavor) and bake at a low temp or, even better, place it in a food dehydrator and it makes awesome chips without all the fat and calories.  Very crispy and good.

Victoria Lynnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Christin. Great ideas! I never thought about baking it. I don't have a food dehydrator, though. :-(

3. TylerKathy profile image74
    TylerKathyposted 4 years ago

I don't use a dehydrater. I just turn the oven as low as it goes and dry the leaves that way. I also like a massaged Kale Salad.  When the leaves are rubbed they smell like banana!

so you can make chips in the oven? The leaves smell like banana? Wow!

4. Patsybell profile image89
    Patsybellposted 4 years ago

Just about any fresh spinach recipe can be converted to a kale recipe.

That's a great tip. Thanks!

5. B. Leekley profile image92
    B. Leekleyposted 4 years ago

I like kale best as one of the ingredients in a soup, stew, casserole, or other multi-ingredient hot dish. Kale chips and kale salads are also good. My wife made a tasty supper recently that was millet, pieces of some sort of meat, kale, and I forget what, if anything, else.

Just ask Google: recipe kale [additional ingredient(s)]

I just found a pomegranate, kale, brown rice, walnuts, and feta salad. I think I'd like that.

6. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Raw, in a salad loaded with garlic and about a dozen other ingredients big_smile. Or rolled around some cream cheese and crushed nuts. But that's just me. Whenever we get more kale than we can eat raw for the week (we get Bountiful Baskets, so we take it as it comes as opposed to shopping for exact amounts) then we go to Allrecipes for more ideas. As already suggested here, we do search out spinach recipes and use kale instead, and it usually turns out a little more flavorful and with some extra texture than with spinach.

7. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

Kale do taste bland and a bit bitter. I usually blanch them in hot water, drained, stir fry with oyster sauce and garlic.

8. lupine profile image73
    lupineposted 4 years ago

I have had it in soup...lentil soup with kale, and potato soup with kale.

working