jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Your favourite non-veg food is?

1. silverstararrow profile image83
    silverstararrowposted 5 years ago

Your favourite non-veg food is?

All non-vegetarians out there, what is your favourite non-veg food? 'Food' implies the meat you prefer (chicken, pork, mutton, beef, venison, fish and so on). Personally, I love butter chicken, a rich Indian delicacy.

Do share your favourite dish with its receipe too, so others can taste something wonderful they are missing.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6578953_f260.jpg

2. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

My favorite non-veggie food is cheese. I really don't think I could get along w/o it!

3. taw2012 profile image60
    taw2012posted 5 years ago

Chicken-----------------Any thing made of chicken is my favorite

4. Sparklea profile image76
    Sparkleaposted 5 years ago

Spaghetti and meatballs has been my favorite since childhood.  I make it quite often, especially when we have company.

I do not puree the ingredients at all.  Everything I have in the sauce, you can see it. 

I just throw the meatballs together in a bowl: hamburg, crushed garlic (I buy it pre made in a glass container in the produce section); cut up onion; italian bread crumbs, one egg, roll the balls to be small, fry them.

I buy mild italian sausage, cook thoroughly, cut in slices. I add with the meatballs in a big pan.

SAUCE:  Two large cans diced tomatoes, one large can crushed tomatoes, at least 1/2 cup of sugar (I have digestive problems and sugar neutralizes the acidity);  I dump over the meat in the pan.  I add a couple cans of water and stir all together.  I DO NOT use tomato paste at all.

I then fry another cut up onion and more garlic;  drain off the oil and add to the meat and sauce;  I also add basil.

I plop all in the fridge, and simmer the next day. 

Whenever my husband and I go out to eat a spaghetti dinner, he always says to me, "Yours is better."  As long as he loves it, as well as the family and dinner guests, I'll stay with this recipe.

Blessings, Sparklea smile

1. silverstararrow profile image83
      silverstararrowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yum! That's all I can say! smile

working