jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you sprinkle salt on your watermelon?

1. jennzie profile image86
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

Do you sprinkle salt on your watermelon?

2. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

I've heard of sprinkling pepper on your strawberries but never salt on watermelon.  I'm not sure I would want to do that.  There are other sweet and salty combos that are really good so who knows, maybe it would work.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Not watermelon, but I have put it on cantaloupe. I really didn't appreciate that as much as some people do!

4. profile image0
    Ruth Pieterseposted 5 years ago

No, but i sprinkle salt on oranges and apples - does that count?

5. dezalyx profile image96
    dezalyxposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6839874_f260.jpg

When we eat watermelon in our house, we put some special powder on it that is a bit salty and sweet. My mom calls it Kiamoy Powder (Plum Powder or Li Hing Mui). It is usually sold in Chinese groceries. We also use it for Pomelo.

6. morningglory24 profile image61
    morningglory24posted 5 years ago

No I never have, but its good occasionally sprinkled on a green apple.

7. Becky Bruce profile image79
    Becky Bruceposted 5 years ago

I've never heard of salt on watermelon... but I do love salt on my grapefruit!!! Only  because the tang of a grapefruit can be so intense... so the salt takes the edge off.

If you find you're craving salt on a regular basis you might want to make sure your sodium levels are in check, low sodium levels can create a salt craving. Also doctors have said 90% of people (American's in particular) are eating too much salt which can cause bloating, increased blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, and even osteoporosis as we age.

8. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

For a south-of-the-border touch, we sometimes sprinkle "Tajin" seasoning on our melon. It's a citrus/spicy pepper salt that's delicious with fruit.

9. moonfairy profile image78
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

yes, someone told me about it and I dared to try it. It's delicious!!!!!

working