What kind of food/ dish out there that is exotic and can be cooked at home?

1. MakeItCount profile image60
    MakeItCountposted 5 years ago

What kind of food/ dish out there  that is exotic and can be cooked at home?

Something with flavors, simple to make, cheap, and healthy

2. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Well, I love Thai food and my favorite dish is Tom Kha Gai soup which I make quite often.  It always looks harder to make than it is and is actually quite filling.  It always impresses my friends and I don't even make it the traditional way at all.  I change a lot of the ingredients but it works for me.  There are few Asian markets where I live, so I learned to improvise.

I added a site for you to see it but there are other versions.  The one I make is similar but I do not use Galangal.  I use Ginger.  I do not use Chili Peppers, I use Black Pepper and regular red peppers for color, sometimes yellow.  I use Lemon Grass and instead of chicken thighs, I use breasts cut into small pieces.  I do not use Lime juice, I use Lemon (I put in extra) and I do not use Lime Leaves at all.  If only for the presentation, I will drop in a couple of Parsley leaves, which I know is so NOT Asian but it's only for the color and it smells nice. 

Good luck!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Tom-Kha … onut-Soup/

3. rutley profile image75
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Brown rice or wheat berries........add veg, shrimp, dried cranberries, almonds or walnuts or just cold with homemade vinegrette.  Easy and satisfying.  Exotic comes from whatever you add to call it your own! Herbs, spices, etc. I use fresh rosemary and thyme from my garden to add flavor.  Happy cooking, rutley

working