Can anyone suggest some micro-breweries in the southeastern United States that o

1. rick combe profile image84
    rick combeposted 5 years ago

Can anyone suggest some micro-breweries in the southeastern United States that offers tours?

I love craft beer and I would like to visit some places where it's made. I'm specifically looking for first hand information.

2. peepingtomb profile image76
    peepingtombposted 5 years ago

There are many breweries ranging from small to large up and down the eastern seaboard. I am not sure on your exact location but I'm sure if you do a little research in your area you'll be able to find a few tours. I, for instance am in SW FL now but grew up in SE PA. Dogfish Head in Milton, DE gives a great tour. They also have a great restaurant in nearby Rehoboth, DE. America's oldest brewery, Yuengling in Pottsville, PA and Tampa, FL are both great tours but two very different breweries. I even know a guy who started a brewery in a storage facility in Tarpon springs, FL. In the past he has had volunteers come in and help bottle his brews (which are now being shipped all over the country. Once on a road trip I stopped off at the Blue & Grey Brewing Co. in Fredericksburg, VA on a whim. They were very personable and gave me a tour of the small facility on the spot. Check out the Beer Mapping Project at beermapping.com to see what is in your area or an area that you are interested in visiting.

working