jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Can anyone suggest a name for a business that specializes all fields of artisan

1. Claire Evans profile image72
    Claire Evansposted 5 years ago

Can anyone suggest a name for a business that specializes all fields of artisan work?

My sister's fiance can do just about anything: electronics, mechanical, renovating, painting, etc.  Can anyone suggest a business name because he wants to start his own business.  A name to illustrate he is an all-rounder?

2. tlbliss profile image61
    tlblissposted 5 years ago

When I am in need of a name, especially a unique name; I use this website...

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate. … =weirdname

You can select what you are looking for and it will give you a variety of different names to select from.

Claire Evansposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know this existed.  This is going to help, thanks.

3. watergeek profile image98
    watergeekposted 5 years ago

The Allround Artisan. A Google search shows similar companies, but none with that name.

I used the wrong word when I said artisan as corrected.  Perhaps Allround Construction? Thanks.

4. jessefutch profile image55
    jessefutchposted 5 years ago

Functional Artistry
    The Functional Artisan
    Form and Function
    Art Form Direct
    Artisan Direct
    From the Artist
    Artisan's Hearth

Thanks!

5. Ross Anziano profile image77
    Ross Anzianoposted 5 years ago

I don't have a good name (I wouldn't go too crazy trying to be creative. In that business descriptive is more the norm), but I would leave the word "artisan" out of it unless he is specializing in "handcrafted" renovation. It has a certain hippie-ish connotation that might make a certain type of customer go the other way. Then again, is he custom painting murals or frescoes? That sounds "artisanal". Think of the products people imagine when you say "artisan". Certain fancy breads. A guy who carves pipes from raw wood with old-timey faces on them. Wine and cheese. Stuff like that. I would never think of someone doing mechanical or electronics.

examples from Merriam-Webster:
    They sell rugs made by local artisans or
    we visited a re-created 19th-century New England village that features an array of artisans—a cooper, a carpenter, a blacksmith, a potter, a glassblower

I would maybe use the word renovation or restoration combined with his last name. This would attract people needing a wide variety of services, I think. Good luck!

Thanks for this advice!

6. Rosana Modugno profile image85
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Jack of all Trades (if his name isn't Jack, use his)

I love this one!

working