jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your best cake baking tip?

1. Nicola Tweedie profile image77
    Nicola Tweedieposted 5 years ago

What is your best cake baking tip?

2. A Perfect Chef profile image76
    A Perfect Chefposted 5 years ago

Add almond extract to the batter especially if you are using cake mix in a box.  Also, making your own icing will add a little something special.  It can be a process but it is worth it in the end.

3. Mama Kim 8 profile image92
    Mama Kim 8posted 5 years ago

Try to stay out of your kitchen while the cake is baking and keep down any loud noises. The more your cake moves... even little vibrations the more wonderful little bubbles escape and the cake won't come out as fluffy as it could have.

4. Nicola Tweedie profile image77
    Nicola Tweedieposted 5 years ago

I totally agree about the almond extract, and about the making your own icing - matching the colour to the plate or paper and accessorising with things that are special and relevant to the people that are eating them! My little one loves bees so we have bees made of icing and yellow cakes at the moment!

5. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

In all my years of experience, it seems to me that there really are some pointers to use for the perfect cake.   1. Beating your batter to the perfect consistency...2.Using the correct size cake tin.  3. Making certain your oven temp is accurate.  4.  Time the baking accordingly.....and finally, try not to open the oven for testing more than once.  Treat your cake tenderly when removing from the oven.....and use a cooling rack to COOL COMPLETELY and evenly.   
    FYI....I love the Pudding Cake recipes.....your cake comes out moist and fluffy!!