jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is it safe to eat genetically engineered vegetables and fruits ?

1. Mahmo profile image60
    Mahmoposted 5 years ago

Is it safe to eat genetically engineered vegetables and fruits ?

I mean nowadays you find some kinds of these products displayed in big supermarkets with strange unusual colors, the tomato is yellow instead of red, the peeper is purple instead of green ...etc

2. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

NO, it is not nor will it ever be! Read the following article and learn:
    http://www.helium.com/items/2299458-fam … -companies
    http://www.organicconsumers.org/article … _24970.cfm

When a study on cell phones ten years ago came out from a company's own paid scientists that said cell phones are cancerous to the human being, that scientist was fired. GM food is the same way and we really don't know all the implications yet. But do you see my friend how ignorant people choose to be? Your question has gone unanswered and in the 'latest' list instead of people jumping to the chance to enquire and be informed.

1. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So that everyone understands, GM foods are all those (including meat & fish) whereby the gene of an animal is taken and placed in another animal or plant to make it resilient. Tomatoes have genes from herring, potatoes from scorpions, pigs fromhu

2. Mahmo profile image60
      Mahmoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, the article is informative.

3. VeronicaFarkas profile image84
    VeronicaFarkasposted 5 years ago

I actually have read an article recently (published by the Institute of Science in Society) that gmo crops have done worse in comparison to non-gmo crops through the drought this year.

I've also seen pictures & articles from studies done on animals - that rats were fed strictly gmo corn & developed LARGE tumors within months. Same w/ a main ingredient found in pesticides used.

I don't have the facts in front of me, but everrrrything that I've read & seen about gmo produce has been very scary & just plain bad for our health. I laugh when I think about eating "non-gmo foods". Years ago, it was just... food. smile

4. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

I don't like the fact that they don't disclose that you are buying these items. It should be made perfectly clear that you're getting genetically altered foods. We try to raise and harvest as much of our own as possible, I like to know where my food comes from.