jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should the manufacturers of genetically engineered foods be required to label th

1. Moon Willow Lake profile image81
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 7 years ago

Should the manufacturers of genetically engineered foods be required to label their food as such?

Don't we have the right to know what we are eating to make informed choices?

2. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 7 years ago

Most of what we eat today has been altered in some way you just don't realize it. Seedless oranges and grapes; carrots used to not be so sweet and strawberries are much larger. Tangeloes are a combination of tangerines and oranges. Nectarines are hairless peaches. Red delicious apples were created with a thicker skin to withstand shipment and so were tomatoes. Iceberg lettuce is a failed attempt at making a better vegetable and now has no nutrition value.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

absolutely. anything done to food should be on the label but i think most of what we buy at a store these days is genetically modified.

4. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 7 years ago

I fail to see a reasonable explanation for inserting animal genes into plants.I want to know what I'm eating.In fact I think I have a right to know what I'm eating

5. visionandfocus profile image71
    visionandfocusposted 6 years ago

Of course we have a right to know what we're putting into our bodies. But unlike the Europeans, US and Canadian governments are, yet again, siding with powerful lobbyists with ties to Monsanto. Is the average citizen really that unconcerned, uninformed, and therefore completely dismissible?

working