jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

If Hostess closes, what product will you miss the most?

1. Geekdom profile image92
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

If Hostess closes, what product will you miss the most?

Hostess is all over the news right now.  What product would you miss most if it disappeared from store shelves?

2. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

What I'll miss most are the 275 jobs Hostess provided in my town. That puts a big hole in the local economy.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Every single one of their magnificent products.  But to narrow it down, anything without coconut and more specifically - Suzi-Q's  They were always rare in our area but once in a while you could find them.

No offense to Little Debbie and her band of bakers but they cannot hold a candle to Hostess.

4. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

Wonder Bread...........it tastes good, is " soft" and " spongy"............plus...........it builds bodies 12 ways.......................

So long, Twinkies, Cupcakes and whatever else...............WonderBread is the bread that I have spent years attempting to recreate in my own kitchen.

5. Tmonica profile image60
    Tmonicaposted 5 years ago

I would have to say twinkies for sure, I used to love them when I was younger.

6. Tonyx35 profile image60
    Tonyx35posted 5 years ago

I will also miss Wonder Bread.

On a lighter note I recently rewatched the movie Zombieland. Our heroes can no longer get Twinkies for their survival packs.

7. lupine profile image73
    lupineposted 5 years ago

I would miss the pink snowballs, they also come in other colors for the holidays too.

8. cloverleaffarm profile image76
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

I don't eat this kind of food, so I won't miss the food. I do, however, worry about what all the employees will do.

1. Attikos profile image80
      Attikosposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Most of them, with others, will apply for unemployment. Added to the unemployed artificially cut from the reports the past two months in order to rig the numbers before the election, we may expect some dismal stats in the near future.

9. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

I would say Wonder Bread, but what I find to be the most sickening is the greed involved that caused this issue to start with, along with those clowns that were cited at buying Twinkies at an alarming rate of 20 to 40 dollars a box!  Idiots!  Ever heard of generic products?  To think that some people will go on E-Bay and spend that much money on junk food (obviously, you have plenty of extra money to waste) and won't donate a dang dime to a cause like "feed the children" or any other type of cause or charity, just shows how some of these gluts prioritize their life.  Besides, a Twinkie sucks anyway...  Simple sugars, basic lipids, flour, blah!  Some people need to seek out some real food and perhaps get a life...

10. MarleneB profile image97
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

I would miss the plain and simple wonder bread. That has been a staple in my household since my children were toddlers. I went to the "day old" store to buy bread at a fraction of the cost of "fresh" bread. I didn't care if the bread was made today or yesterday. My taste buds didn't know the difference, but my pocketbook was happy. Bye-bye Hostess. I'll miss you!

working