jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Did you know that Twinkies have returned and are back?

1. TheHoleStory profile image80
    TheHoleStoryposted 4 years ago

Did you know that Twinkies have returned and are back?

I wasn't aware that Hostess Twinkies were back on the market until today when I was strolling through WalMart. They are back in full force complete with a cutout Minion costume so that you can dress up and create your very own Twinkie Minion. Cool Huh? They also come in Banana flavor as well. I snapped this photo as I was cruising down the road at around 70mph. Not bad huh? Happy New Year, and with the New Year comes Hostess Twinkies that everyone can enjoy once again!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8614531_f260.jpg

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

I do not eat them, (though I used to), but I did not know that they left.

3. Efficient Admin profile image92
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

I did hear that they went away.  Now that they are back I wonder if there was a giant backlash of customers complaining that they went away. I never ate them -- I always preferred the chocolate ho-hos or those chocolate cupcakes with the white filling inside.

4. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Yes I had, TheHoleStory. I think some mogul guy bought the company after it "died" and revived it again. I believe it was late last year or maybe this year. I never believed the hype, thought it was a brilliant publicity stunt to get a buyer, and it worked. It is good to have a beloved old school product survive this economy.

5. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 4 years ago

The Twinkies are back?

Heaven save us all!

6. MizBejabbers profile image92
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

Yes I knew that. Twinkies were one of my favorite foods up until I was forced to go wheat-free/gluten free. To those of you who can eat them and enjoy them, I say Happy Eating!

7. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

Love them. Hope they reach the Philippines soon.

8. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 4 years ago

Yes, I saw them at Walmart this week.  I know many who are thrilled to see them once again on the shelf.  I'm holding way back on them, but good to see that someone bought the company out to save the treat and provide work for others.

working