jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

If the health department inspected your kitchen would yours be deemed clean enou

1. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

If the health department inspected your kitchen would yours be deemed clean enough for food prep?

There are people in my life who never clean the trap on their kitchen sink. You know the underside of the stopper and the top of the drain.
    Preparing a turkey provoked this question, My friend, a science teacher, is germ phobic.  You clean with bleach after preparing poultry! I hear her voice clearer than my mom's.

2. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

yes, I like every inch of my kitchen to be clean....I detest "ick".

tirelesstravelerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I really do too, but I either work or clean, somehow both never get done.  I do have to have my counter clean and clear or I can't clean.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Oh wow, I debated whether to answer this and come "clean."  It would depend on the inspector.  The dishes are done, microwave clean, fridge clean, counters wiped down--but I am sure there are corners and little icky things I have missed.  So I might have to say no.

I had to spend serious time cleaning before I could post this. I have two dogs that shed all over the floor. The dog hair would definitely disqualify my kitchen, but nobody has ever gotten sick  from my kitchen. I love a clean kitchen

2. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Funny - tirelesstraveler. We have 3 large dogs and I am so used to their "muck" I forgot about it when I answered the question. In light of that - I have to admit, I would likely not pass inspection!

3. tirelesstraveler profile image82

LOL

4. tillsontitan profile image88
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

I would think it depends on the heatlh inspector wink  I use Clorox Clean-Up everywhere, but, and I should probably make that a capital "B", I have four grown children with six grandchildren....in addition there are seven dogs in the family and a bird (Cockatiel) so, you tell me, do you think I'd get a clean bill?

We are in the same boat.  I love clean, but with two dogs and a dirt backyard I would get a "B" as well.  I give the grandson a good wash after he crawls around on my floor. It doesn't help. The dogs lick his face and he chews on their toys:)

5. catgypsy profile image78
    catgypsyposted 5 years ago

I hope so, because I'm a bit of a germ phobic myself, especially where food is concerned. However, I'm always reading different versions of how to kill germs and I don't like using strong chemicals (like bleach) so I'm never sure I'm using the best thing! I use a lot of natural products and hope they truly work...who knows for sure!

The kids did a experiment years ago and found some of the cleaners did nothing.  I am partial to hot, hot soapy water.

2. catgypsy profile image78
      catgypsyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's what I'm afraid of...haha...that some of these don't even clean correctly! I use vinegar a lot. I've heard hydrogen peroxide is one of the best. I have five cats inside and that's one of the reasons I'm so careful what I use.

6. granniesharon profile image59
    granniesharonposted 5 years ago

There apparently is concern for bacteria from raw poultry so maybe that's not a bad idea.  My kitchen is in use daily, and daily needs cleaning.  Would it pass inspection?  That is another story.

working