jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Which cooking herbs are the easiest to grow yourself?

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Which cooking herbs are the easiest to grow yourself?

If you wanted to grow herbs from seeds or even buy ones that are already growing, which are the easiest to take care of?

2. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

my wife and I have found basil and oregano very easy, and we like to use them a lot. Fennel did well, too, but we don't like or use it as much. Sage also does well.

3. Jesmo profile image58
    Jesmoposted 5 years ago

Rosemary. After I pruned my rosemary shrub, my 9 yr old son stuck 6 cuttings in a pot of garden soil and forgot about them. I discovered them a few months later and  4 had rooted.  I find coriander very easy to grow from seed. CanĀ“t grow basil at all.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Rosemary, thyme, basil, sage, parsley, chives, mint, and oregano are fairly simple to grow yourself.

5. msperfecthealth profile image81
    msperfecthealthposted 5 years ago

Rosemary is one of the easiest and hardiest herbs to grow.  I have found that basil needs a lot of sun/heat so it really depends on your climate.  Sage, mint and oregano are all easy too.

6. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

Chives grow pretty well in a pot or outside, just have to protect the plant from grazing animals.  Thyme and its varieties grow really well, sometimes like a weed.

7. kj force profile image74
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

I have been growing many types of Herbs for years, both inside and outside and in a small  * greenhouse.. *which releases the best smells..I plant in pots as you would flowers, morning, early afternoon sun..shade..then late afternnoon sun...make sure to water properly as some need more than others...nothing like using fresh when you cook....also my cat enjoys snips at times...