jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Does anybody do anything for national peanut butter day 24th Jan?

1. lemonkerdz profile image91
    lemonkerdzposted 5 years ago

Does anybody do anything for national peanut butter day 24th Jan?

Found doing my hub on peanut butter that this day does exist but I have never heard of anyone doing a thing about it. Do I get out the bunting?

2. vespawoolf profile image95
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

I make a HUGE peanut butter and jelly sandwich with homemade bread, crunchy peanut butter and about a jar of raspberry jam. Then I set off a few fireworks and invite the neighbors in for a bite or two. That's about the extent of my peanut butter day celebration. :   )

1. windygreen profile image62
      windygreenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Something tells me you never heard of National Peanut Butter Day until reading this question. lol

2. lemonkerdz profile image91
      lemonkerdzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is funny vespawoolf. i think we should have illuminated peanuts in the garden and even a peanut ditty to sing along to about peanuts.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I may have peanut butter sandwich for my lunch, none of that jelly though, we have jelly with custard and/or cream.  I may put some strawberry or red currant jam in with it though.

same here my friend, with jam is still a strange combination to me. but maybe i´m not developed enough in my culinary tastes to challenge the whole of the U.S.A

4. windygreen profile image62
    windygreenposted 5 years ago

I have never heard of it either! lol But now that I have I will be doing something for it.  I love any  "national------ day".  Good thing no one in my family is allergic to nuts.

You will be amazed at how many National...... or international..... days there are of the wierdest things you can imagine.
      maybe a good question to put out there as the the silliest national.... day there is

5. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 5 years ago

I find this celebration in and of itself shocking, we seem to be able to make a holiday out of almost anything. Now that I know about it I must peek further in, thanks for the info.

it is true there is an excuse to celebrate anything. that seems to be the way people are now. great way to promote a product or make extra money i think. thanks for the comment

6. Stove And Home profile image91
    Stove And Homeposted 5 years ago

I LOVE peanut butter. My husband had to eat peanut butter sandwiches when he was a poor college student, so he hates PB now. That means I get the whole jar. As for the celebration day, I will simply have to eat more of it tomorrow!

Well Stove And Home HAPPY PEANUT BUTTER DAY to you, enjoy yourself girl. Poor hubby is traumatised now huh! At least get him to pull a cracker with you :-)

2. Stove And Home profile image91
      Stove And Homeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You too, Lemon smile Thumbs Up!

7. SimpleJoys profile image72
    SimpleJoysposted 5 years ago

WOW! I think I will have a PBJ for lunch!

Good answer! best of the day Enjoy!

working