jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the worst restaurant experience you have had, and was it resolved by man

1. Zfuentes4 profile image60
    Zfuentes4posted 5 years ago

What is the worst restaurant experience you have had, and was it resolved by management?

Having management experience in the restaurant industry, I have seen the highs and lows of it all.  Resolving customer concerns and complaints is important for customer retention.  Sometimes, the situation cannot be fixed.  I've been on both sides of the coin and can empathize with the other.  Please share your horror stories.

2. Silverspeeder profile image60
    Silverspeederposted 5 years ago

A few years ago i visited an Indian restaurant in Birmingham (UK) and was supprised that when we came to pay they wouldn't take a £50 note, at the time it was all i had on me and after explaining this they decided to call the police as the manager said i was refusing to pay.
    When the police arrived i explained my predicament and was allowed on my way without paying as the owner or the manager had refused payment as the £50 note was legal tender even if it was their own policy not to take it they should have displayed a sign proclaiming so.
    In my situation it seems i came out the winner but after thinking about it over the years i do believe that if the manager was more reasonable i would have return another day to pay for the meal.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Years ago at a very nice restaurant, when I got to the bottom of my water glass I could see that it had cigarette ashes in the bottom of it!  Obviously it was not a clean glass but the restaurant was dark and so I didn't notice it right away. 

We told the wait staff about it and they just shrugged and brought me another glass. I was very young, (20's) and not very assertive. If it happened today I would work my way all the way up to management to get some kind of satisfaction.

4. WhatToCook profile image72
    WhatToCookposted 4 years ago

A Few years ago me and family went to a new restart in town. the food was was not cooked though, the sever was really rude when we sent it back, and no management was no help. when we asked to speak to him he took 20 minutes to come over to the table, and when he did he did not apologize for the food or the sever, or offer anything to fix the issues. He just told us the remake will be out soon and I'll make a note of it. Needless to say the place shutdown after a few months.