jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What's your favourite alcoholic drink?

1. Iammattdoran profile image90
    Iammattdoranposted 4 years ago

What's your favourite alcoholic drink?

I'm going to say Gin and Tonic but I do make a good White Russian which would have to be a very close second.

2. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 4 years ago

Toss up between Absinthe and Isle of Islay single malt.

Iammattdoranposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good call.  I do like an absinthe but sadly I can rarely afford to buy any good stuff.  I never got into the whole spoon and flame thing I just like it with water, as long as its the stuff that goes cloudy

2. MickS profile image74
      MickSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I never bother with the spoon and sugar thing, Cloudy/luche At the mo I've got La Fee, doesn't go cloudy, but it still tastes as good, the important thing to me is that it is real Absinthe made from wormwood.

3. Iammattdoran profile image90

There's very few brands available in the UK but when I can get it on offer I'll get a bottle of Mary Mayans.  Not sure if it's made with wormwood but it tastes great.

4. MickS profile image74
      MickSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There are a few problems with definition with the nannies in the EU, some want to ban the use of wormwood, then, of course, surely, it can't be absinthe.
      Amazon Uk have a good selection.

3. WhatToCook profile image72
    WhatToCookposted 4 years ago

Mine would be a Dirty Shirley Cherry Vodka, Grenadine, Sprite

I've never heard of Dirty Shirley Cherry Vodka!  Sounds interesting

4. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 4 years ago

My recent favorite (it changes periodically) is a dirty martini: Grey Goose vodka, dry French vermouth, a splash of olive brine and orange bitters. Yum! It's so elegant and delicious.

A splash of olive brine?? Interesting.... Not tried that.  Doesn't sound to my taste to be honest but I'll look out for it.  Thanks for sharing vespawoolf!

5. Wilhelmina sophia profile image61
    Wilhelmina sophiaposted 4 years ago

Mine favorite is a Slow screw.  Orange juice and sloe gin.  Or Amerretto sour and cherry.

working