jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What kind of low fat sauce could you put on pita bread with turkey and veggies?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

What kind of low fat sauce could you put on pita bread with turkey and veggies?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7904723_f260.jpg

2. Rochelle Frank profile image94
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

Maybe some low fat or no-fat sour cream? Or some hummus thinned with a little tomato paste? How about a sweet and sour dipping sauce-- I know there's a recipe somewhere on HubPages.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Rochelle Frank,
      The sweet and sour dipping sauce sounds great. I'll try it. Also, I didn't know you could thin hummus. I imagine there are a few things you could us including the fat free sour cream.
      Thank you,
      Lisa

3. Claudia Tello profile image78
    Claudia Telloposted 4 years ago

It could also be baba ganoush (eggplant dip) or any kind of Mexican salsa: habanero, red or green salsa, even "pico de gallo".

I've heard of baba ganoush but I didn't know it was eggplant dip. What do you do peel it, slice and blend it?
      Thanks,
      Lisa

2. Claudia Tello profile image78
      Claudia Telloposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have never made it myself but I know it is quite easy. I think you have to roast it and then add a few condiments (among them garlic). Here is a good looking recipe by vespawoolf (one of the best recipe hub publishers I have met in HP): http://vesp

4. profile image0
    richard alburoposted 4 years ago

You can put raita dressing . It is made from chopped red onion , cucumber , cilantro ,jalapenio ,if you want chopped red bell pepper and the important ingridient is yogurt . You can also use balsamic vinaigrette dressing or low fat grain mustard dressing because you are using turkey meat .

richard alburo,
      I think this raita dressing is something I'll put on a lot of things. I sounds so good. I can't wait to try it. Thank you very much,
      Lisa

working