jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

I am curious what are types of recipes you look for online and where do you look

1. dorothy0328 profile image75
    dorothy0328posted 5 years ago

I am curious what are types of recipes you look for online and where do you look

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7905180_f260.jpg

2. lmarsh1203 profile image60
    lmarsh1203posted 5 years ago

If I'm looking online for recipes, it's usually because I'm in a bind and I need some ideas. So I usually type in the ingredients I have on hand and pray Google will spit back something good. One of my favorite places to search for new recipes is Pintrest. I can find a lot of really good copycat recipes.

3. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

I usually look for recipes that are semi-homemade.  Easy recipes I can make with some store bought ingredients but enough ingredients that my meal will not have too many preservatives or additives.

I good example is french toast.  I wouldn't make the bread but I would use store bought bread and make the rest from scratch. 

I also like to look for twists on old classics.  New ingredients making burgers taste better or different ways to make fried chicken or meatloaf.

4. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

I always have an eye out for cow milk free recipes, or ones that allow me to easily substitute cow's milk for almond or oat milk.

5. sarahmoose profile image80
    sarahmooseposted 5 years ago

I usually look when I have run out of ideas, only have certain ingredients in the cupboard. My favourite places are BBC food, or Channel 4 food (UK sites) or AllRecipes.

6. Claudia Tello profile image76
    Claudia Telloposted 5 years ago

Healthy and fresh food in general. I am very vegetarian now a days and I like to search for new ideas. Lots of veggies turn me on and I also search for desserts. Food photos must be great to catch my eye.

7. ketage profile image83
    ketageposted 5 years ago

I usually look for recipes that are uncommon, I like to try new things, so I would google something that I have eaten or heard about but have never tried cooking before. something like char siew pow.

8. nArchuleta profile image92
    nArchuletaposted 5 years ago

If I have ingredients but no firm idea of what I want to do with them, I start at Cooking Light. Actually, I almost always start with Cooking Light. If, though, I have a specific recipe in mind, I just Google search. I then look over a few and get an idea of how I want to make the dish. I still often check out Cooking Light in this situation.

9. dorothy0328 profile image75
    dorothy0328posted 5 years ago

Thank you for all the responses to my question. I am an avid cook and I was curious as to what people are looking for so I will try to focus more on some of your suggestions especially the healthy eating as I also am very interested in eating and cooking healthier.

working