jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the difference between a vegetarian diet and a plant based diet?

1. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 4 years ago

What is the difference between a vegetarian diet and a plant based diet?

2. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 4 years ago

My daughter is a vegetarian. She allows dairy products and eggs in her diet. A few years ago she was vegan--I think that is what a plant-based diet is. No dairy products, no eggs, not even honey. Nothing produced by an animal. I hope that helps.

3. profile image0
    bri36posted 4 years ago

plant based diet is more or less a raw food eater. These people only eat raw foods such as fruit veggies and other things that are picked cleaned and eaten. No cooking is involved if it is then only things like legumes and rice is consumed.

for the most part raw food eaters consume tons of food in a single sitting just to get the calorie intake that they need for one day. yes I do mean a ton.

vegetarians include dairy and eggs in their diet for many reasons not just for taste or fun either. most do for protein supplement, calorie boosting and yes even taste in certain dishes.

the difference between raw food eaters and vegetarianism is how the food is prepared not what they eat...

1. Carb Diva profile image96
      Carb Divaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you bri36 for the explanation. Have you followed a plant-based diet? It sound as though it would be difficult to get the proper nutrients.

2. profile image0
      bri36posted 4 years agoin reply to this

no not at all just know a lot of people who are both types of vegetarian eater.

working