jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What would be a good website to learn how to cook?

1. AliceFournier profile image70
    AliceFournierposted 4 years ago

What would be a good website to learn how to cook?

I need to learn some basic cooking "rules" and recipes for my job, and I'm looking for a way to learn online for free!

2. JG11Bravo profile image85
    JG11Bravoposted 4 years ago

That covers some of the basics, but if you care to give specifics to what you need to learn I'd be happy to address them myself.  I learned via parents, grandparents, and a decade of trial and error, personally, but I doubt you have that kind of time.

1. AliceFournier profile image70
      AliceFournierposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That website is awesome! Thank you very much, it helps me a lot. I just have to cook basic meals for a one year old

3. lupine profile image73
    lupineposted 4 years ago

A good website for cooking, recipes, and anything you want to know about food and cooking is:  www.foodnetwork.com  There, you can view recipes by countless chefs, cooking personalities, videos, tips, you name it. They also have a Food Network television station, its on all day and night. I have learned a few valuable tips from this myself.

4. DATALOAD profile image59
    DATALOADposted 4 years ago

When I was first learning to cook, my chef had me read a book called 'professional cooking'. It went over everything in logical order. It started with equipment, and ended with French Cuisine. You could probably find a good book at the library. Most libraries now have eBooks as well. You could also download the books you need.

A good way to use the internet and learn the same material would be to go to amazon or another site and view the table of contents for a good book. Use that as a reference of what to learn. Do your research based on that information.