jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

How sanitary do you feel a chocolate fountain is in restaurants?

  1. TheHoleStory profile image80
    TheHoleStoryposted 4 years ago

    How sanitary do you feel a chocolate fountain is in restaurants?

    I've noticed small children in public restaurants repeatedly sticking their fingers into these chocolate fountain machines to get their fill of chocolate. So from a sanitary point of view I don't really feel that these chocolate fountain machines are all that clean for the next person who's going to be using it.

    https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8521523_f260.jpg

  2. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

    I do not know about your question since I have never seen one so I can not say. Although I can tell you, without seeing them, that I would not use them. What about dust and germs falling into the open areas?

  3. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 4 years ago

    They are fine (I have worked in the food serving industry many years and have been in contact with chocolate fountains often). Kids stick their fingers all over the place anyway. I would not worry about that, unless one has issues with their immune system.

    Enjoy your chocolate fountain! : )

  4. radixwatch profile image61
    radixwatchposted 4 years ago

    I think it should be fine if the chocolate fountain placed indoor. I used to work in food industry also and I never heard any incident relating to this matter.

  5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

    Funny, my husband and I were just talking about it the other day. I wouldn't go near one with a ten foot pole.  Too many people have no clue about hygiene and I think this is a germ fest waiting to happen.

  6. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

    I've seen many of these....I think they're fine.  However, I don't touch them because I can't have chocolate.

  7. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 4 years ago

    I agree with Duffs Mom...I would not go near one with a 10 foot pole either.

    I am a germ freak.  Kids should not be allowed to do that!  Especially if they lick their fingers and put them back in the fountain.  Even if that is considered safe, just mentally I don't want to share anyone else's spit. 

    I have to say I love the picture of the chocolate fountain, and it would be very tempting!  Thanks for a great question.

    1. The Examiner-1 profile image73
      The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

      Never mind the kids, I would be concerned with germs floating in the air all of the time. The fountain is wide open - upper and lower parts - for them to fall into.

  8. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 4 years ago

    I steer away from these sweet treats.  I have seen too many people dip their fingers into the fountain.  It is also just an open area that invites unsanitary practices.  Sorry, wish it were different because I love chocolate.

  9. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

    yeah, i do think it is dirty sticking fingers into this fountain. Think about the salivas

 
working