jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think that recipe articles have high chances to be featured?

1. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

Do you think that recipe articles have high chances to be featured?

I noticed that majority recipes are featured at hubpages. Do you think that I should publish more recipes instead of general articles in order to have them featured?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8547574_f260.jpg

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Good recipe articles are featured, but all well-written quality articles should be featured.  All of my articles are featured and I only have one recipe article.  You should write about what you are passionate about and it will be featured if it is well-written and complies with HP standards.

peachpurpleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

i have a dozen articles not featured but all my recipes are featured..

3. VVanNess profile image93
    VVanNessposted 4 years ago

I have approximately 280 articles to my name today, with only about 80 of them being recipes, and every single one of them is featured.

I think all that "featured" really means is that you met all of the qualifications in the box at the top right of your article creation page, and that you created a quality article.

I really don't think it matters much what the topic of any article is about, and certainly don't recommend recipes as a focus unless this is what you happen to be particularly passionate about.

Although I love writing them, my recipes, and I think recipes in general, get a much lower viewing rate than all other topics, as most individuals perusing the internet are not interested in recipes.

I would write about what you really want to write about. When you are interested and passionate in your writing, it really comes through in the material and the feel of the overall article.

However, if you are really interested in what people want to read about, ask the question to your followers on the Hubpages Home page, just like you did this question.

That's how I got started. smile I hope this helps.

wow! 280 articles are really awesome. You must be an extraordinary writer

2. VVanNess profile image93
      VVanNessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I hope so. smile Thank you for the wonderful compliment! Every single one is featured. So I wouldn't worry about what topic you are writing on, only that you are writing quality articles.

4. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 4 years ago

Many of my recipe hubs are featured. I'm not sure how many exactly but if you'd like to know I will happily go and count them for you. Just let me know. As far as your second question goes, I think general articles have a high chance of also being featured. I have featured articles on many different subjects.

thanks for yr advice

working