jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is it okay to do a review of a famous person's recipe without HP calling it dupl

1. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Is it okay to do a review of a famous person's recipe without HP calling it duplicate?

I found a great recipe by a famous person.  If I do a recipe hub on it, being I am sure it is on the Internet already, the recipe, would it be considered duplicate by HP if I did the recipe as a review of how wonderful it is with my own photos and such?  Just want to make sure, as the recipe is online somewhere.  Thank you for answering.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8593725_f260.jpg

2. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago

Give Credit to your source in your article.

Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Don Bobbitt, Yes, I would do that anyway, and so, hopefully, it will not be considered duplicate by HP!  Thank you for answering.

3. phdast7 profile image84
    phdast7posted 4 years ago

Faith You might also break the recipe up into 3 or 4 capsules, and add some of you own commentary or directions to each capsule.   That has worked for me before.   smile

Thanks so much, Theresa (phdast)...that is what I had planned on doing ...adding a lot of my own commentary and photos and such.  Blessings

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image91
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years ago

Yes I have seen others here doing that and just saying whose it was and some changed up the recipe some but gave the original.

Okay, thanks Jackie.  I thought I have seen it done like that before, but I am trying very hard to be on top of not getting duplicate from HP on such recipes!

5. Genna East profile image89
    Genna Eastposted 4 years ago

This shouldn't be a problem, Faith.  You are giving full credit to the original author, quoting the recipe, and reviewing it in sections.  If it appears online, you can perhaps insert a link to that site and location -- unless the author has a problem with coping it even in quotation and reference form, but I don't think they would.   I can't speak for the masters at HP (they have their own set of rules), but I don't see how they can find any fault with this.  Good luck, dear Faith. :-)

Thanks so much dear Genna.  I do not think it will be a problem either but trying to make sure before going to the trouble of writing the hub. I appreciate you!  Blessings

working