jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the process for canning fruit?

1. Availiasvision profile image85
    Availiasvisionposted 3 years ago

What is the process for canning fruit?

2. mackyi profile image68
    mackyiposted 3 years ago

This is a good question Availiasvision, especially if you are thinking of creating your own home-based products. However, I am afraid I don't have the answer for you. What I do suggest, is that you stop by Youtube, and maybe you will be able to find some videos with a step-by-step approach to canning. Maybe, you can even find the answer right here on Hubpages. There are some very smart Hubbers on this platform. Good luck!

3. carlajbehr profile image91
    carlajbehrposted 3 years ago

I used to can fruit - mostly peaches and pears and one thing you must be cautious about is not overcooking the fruit so that it is mushy.  Also, there is usually syrupy mixture that is poured over the fruit before processing (pressure or boiling water bath canner).  One of the top names in canning is Ball.   You can look their site up to aid in getting started - canning fruit is different than canning vegetables, but the main ideas are the same - it is the time and ingredients that will change.

4. ButterflyWings profile image95
    ButterflyWingsposted 3 years ago

I am an experienced gardener who spends most of the summer and fall canning and preserving my own food, and have several how-to hubs on the subject:

http://butterflywings.hubpages.com

Enjoy, and I hope this helps!

working