jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What do you think of the new Breast Milk Baby doll by Berjuan Toys?

1. BSloan profile image75
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

What do you think of the new Breast Milk Baby doll by Berjuan Toys?

Created by Berjuan Toys, the new Breast Milk Baby doll is here.  I find it inappropriate and over the top, but what is your opinion? 

2. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Wow.  I hadn't seen this until now.  I agree with you.  First they have heels for little girls, then fake tattoos, now this.  Girls are growing way too fast.  This is definitely inappropriate.  Remember when Barbie came out wearing tattoos and everyone had a fit?  They should be having a fit for this as well.  What's next?  Condoms for boys GI Joe?

BSloanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know about the tattoo Barbie, thanks for the comment.

3. Deltachord profile image79
    Deltachordposted 5 years ago

Yes. It is going too far. Some aspects of life are for older people to be concerned with, not that breast feeding is wrong, but let a little girl be a little girl. Normally, when little girls play with dolls, they don't fake breast feeding, unless they see their mother actually breast feeding. That is a different scenario.

There are already too many influences that encourage little girls to grow up too fast.

BSloanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree, thanks for the comment.

4. tussin profile image57
    tussinposted 5 years ago

My gut reaction is it's too creepy and I wouldn't buy one for anyone's little girl, no way in hell.

However, I do think it serves to teach young girls why women have breasts in the first place. It may even give them some perspective on their bodies that keeps them from sexualizing themselves at too young an age.  It's sad, but even girls as young as 8 can feel insecure about their breast size or how attractive they are compared to more developed girls.  It's possible that this breastfeeding doll could help counteract the cultural forces that make women too obsessed with their breast size.

I wouldn't judge harshly a parent who buys this for their own daughter, but it's too over-the-top for me.

5. SmartAndFun profile image96
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I guess I have mixed feelings about it. The doll does have a certain creepiness factor to it, but I might have bought one for my own daughter back in the day if she was really excited about it and asking for one. She's too old for baby dolls now and she never played with dolls anyway, so it's easy for me to say I would be open to getting her one because it's a non-issue. However, I would never get one for someone else's kid. This doll is a parental decision, lol.

Although I think it's kinda creepy, I don't find this doll particularly offensive and I don't think it's encouraging girls to grow up too fast. Little girls (except mine) have always pretend-played mommy. It's a huge part of their development and shows that they are identifying with their same-gender parent. I took a spin as a preschool teacher for a little while, and lots of the little girls were pretending to breastfeed dolls. They're just copying what they see their mom do with their younger siblings. So many moms exclusively breastfeed now; giving a doll a bottle is not something many little girls would think to do because they haven't seen that behavior from the woman they are emulating. I don't see anyone complaining that toy baby bottles and dolls that pretend to drink from bottles are encouraging girls to grow up too fast. I think this doll is simply a reflection of the times.

On the other hand, all the bells and whistles that make this doll creepy aren't neccessary, so you might as well save your money. The little girls I saw pretending to breastfeed  were perfectly happy with a plain doll that didn't make sucking sounds or motions.  Besides, the electronic parts will probably stop working after a day or two.

6. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 5 years ago

I think I would buy my granddaughter one if her parents approved.

It actually makes more sense then buying her one that has a totally unrealistic body image. Did you know if Barbie were a real person, she would be 6' 0", weigh 100 lbs., and wear a size 4. Her measurements would be 39"/21"/33". yes they actually did a study on it.

I am also of the mind that knowing the breasts are to produce milk for her baby is a better lesson learned than letting her think they and their size defines her in some way.