jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What are your favorite tomato recipes?

1. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 3 years ago

What are your favorite tomato recipes?

2. daborn7 profile image78
    daborn7posted 3 years ago

That is a difficult question, but I love lasagna, spaghetti with meatballs, ravioli, of course pizza with tomato sauce, fried green tomatoes, fideo soup, tomato soup, stuffed tomatoes, bruschetta, tomato frittata, and pretty much everything else with tomatoes in it. Now I am hungry!

1. profile image73
      ElleBeeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I too love everything with tomatoes. I am looking for ideas of dishes where tomato really gets to be the star (simply b/c I have a lot and my boyfriends family has even more).  Never thought of stuffed tomatoes.

3. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Right now, it's this one:
    Walk out to the veggie garden.
    Pick a tomato.
    Eat it before you get back to the house.

Quick and simple!
    smile

1. profile image73
      ElleBeeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

quick, simple and DELICIOUS!

4. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 3 years ago

I love tomato just right out of the garden with a little salt.  However, I make this really great tomato pie that is the perfect thing for summer afternoons.  I ususally serve it with a salad. Tomato is one fruit I always keep in my refrigerator.

5. thefedorows profile image82
    thefedorowsposted 3 years ago

Tomatoes really are special.  They can be used in so many different recipes!  My first favorite isn't a main dish, but salsa with fresh tomatoes and cilantro is one of my favorites!  I sometimes turn it into a meal by putting it on top of rice and beans.  In addition to salsa, I like using tomatoes in soups like chili, chickadilla soup, and taco soup.  It warms my heart!  Lastly, tomatoes on top of cheese pizza with fresh basil, garlic, salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.  Yum!

6. profile image60
    Anika Diariesposted 3 years ago

I simply love tomato sauce pasta and tomato fish. It is super delicious and I fall in love with these even more every time I eat them.

working