jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Do you enjoy any seemingly strange food combinations?

1. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

Do you enjoy any seemingly strange food combinations?

I've heard of a few odd ones, and seen a few odd combinations when buying some pre made baby food - do you have any you particularly enjoy but everyone else thinks is strange? Can you describe them? And the closest thing to what they taste like?

2. littlecat2013 profile image90
    littlecat2013posted 3 years ago

When I was younger I use to enjoy meatloaf sandwiches with peanut butter. Everyone thought it was strange. The funny thing is recently I moved to a town where a restaurant sells hamburger's with peanut butter on them so maybe my meatloaf combo isn't so weird after all.

jlparkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've had a chicken 'burger' like that - with peanut butter on one half of the bun, and cottage cheese on the other..with salad - sounds weird, tastes AMAZING.

3. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

I love chicken nuggets dipped in chocolate ice cream. It's my favourite. Fries dipped in ice cream is pretty good too.

Fries in a Caramel sundae from McDs is good too...never had the chicken nuggets one tho! Can you describe the taste?

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

When my kids were in Girl Scouts, they used to serve an appetizer at camp:  raw cabbage spread with peanut butter and rolled up, then secured with toothpicks.
    It sounds awful, but it is actually quite good.  Raw cabbage has very little flavor.  It gets much stronger with cooking.  So really, it is just a vehicle to hold the peanut butter, which would be rather messy just spread in your hand.
    It was a sneaky was to get the kids to eat vegetables, as well.  You really only taste the peanut butter, and the cabbage just provides crunch. I still like it to this day.

Sounds yum, in a weird fresh crunchy type of way

5. CallaLizzy profile image78
    CallaLizzyposted 3 years ago

My grandmother used to make us peanut butter, lettuce, and mayonnaise sandwiches. It sounds disgusting, I know, but the combination of textures and the flavors go together really well.

I can't say I've tried it, but if I like mayonaise I might (hmmm, there are a few I like...I might just do that one day!)

6. Meggan Dunn profile image60
    Meggan Dunnposted 3 years ago

It is not strange to me, but other people think I am odd.  I love cream corn mixed with my mac and cheese.  It is one of my comfort foods.  I understand yellow on yellow is not an appealing meal but my mouth doesn't mind at all.

working