What's a good combination with peanut butter?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (32 posts)
  1. jaydawg808 profile image82
    jaydawg808posted 11 years ago

What's a good combination with peanut butter?

I like the standard PB&J!

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 11 years ago

Banana sandwiches.  Peanut butter on one side, butter on the other slice of bread and bananas in the middle!  Yummmm

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

Peanut butter and anything! I love peanut butter. I like to spread a little on a banana.  Also like to take a glob of peanut butter, add powdered sugar, and vanilla and make peanut butter balls, and coat them with chocolate or almond bark.  Very good, but not on a diet.

1. twig22bend profile image71
      twig22bendposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like peanut butter on graham crackers, so I just add slices of banana.

4. profile image0
    Kommadantposted 11 years ago

For a healthy snack, I like to put my peanut butter on some celery. Delicious!

5. jenbeach21 profile image69
    jenbeach21posted 11 years ago

I also love peanut butter with bananas. I also put peanut butter with honey on sandwiches.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So do I.  Oh and Peanut butter with Marshmellow creame  Yumm

6. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

Nothing goes better with peanut butter for me than chocolate! Yes, I love a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but a piece of chocolate and some peanut butter, aka Reese cup? My favorite :-)

7. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

Peanut butter and chocolate spread sandwich. Yum.

8. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

I love peanut butter with chocolate ! I always use these combination for sandwich bread and waffles. Really awesome. My kids love them too.

9. cre8ivOne profile image67
    cre8ivOneposted 11 years ago

Wow, there are several things I can suggest here.  I think peanut butter with fruits like apples and bananas are good and with veggies, I like peanut butter on carrots and celery.

For baking, I like to put it in cookies and bars. 

Toasting a bagel or English muffin and smearing some peanut butter on top is pretty darned yummy too.

But, chocolate and peanut butter are the BEST!!

10. Stina Caxe profile image81
    Stina Caxeposted 11 years ago

My ex got me hooked on a peanut butter and fried egg sandwich!  I know it sounds gross, and the first time I tried it I almost cried.  Then I felt like something was wrong with me because it should have been disgusting but it was delicious!

I like to make it a bit healthier than he did though.  I just toast one piece of wheat bread, spread some peanut butter on it and put a fried egg on top.  (I like it with a runny yolk.) 

It's low carb, high protein and very yummy.

11. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 11 years ago

All of these great answers are making me hungry! Yes, I love it w/ chocolate, but I'm also a fan of the classic PB&J sandwich. When I was a kid, my mom made peanut butter and sweet pickle relish sandwiches which I remember liking a lot.
    I agree w/ kommandant that PB in celery stalks is delish!  smile

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Celery!  Made me think of another Girl Scout tradition:  PB & raw cabbage!  Spread on leaves, roll up; serve as appetizer.  Sounds gross, but raw cabbage is mild--you just get the crunch & the PB flavor.  ;-)

12. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

Honey!  Peanut butter and honey are a great combination!  When my kids were in Girl Scouts, we called it "Pooh butter," after Winnie the Pooh of storybook fame. 
    Mix honey, peanut butter and butter or margarine all together into an easily spreadable consistency, and you have a 1-swipe sandwich spread!  Easy and yummy.

1. ExpectGreatThings profile image75
      ExpectGreatThingsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This was my absolute favorite growing up. I have been trying to convince my kids of its deliciousness, but they are not yet on board.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

Sneak it into them.  Mix up some Pooh Butter, make with what's left of  P-B in its jar (at least to start).  Innocently serve a  "P-B sandwich," and "presto!"  A new taste experience they'll love.   (Have to be sneaky with kids at times!) ;-)

13. danielleantosz profile image75
    danielleantoszposted 11 years ago

Nutella! Best thing ever. (its a hazelnut spread, in case anyone doesn't know)

14. ct92 profile image66
    ct92posted 11 years ago

Peanutbutter and apples.
    Peanutbutter on a banana.
    Peanutbutter on oatmeal
    Peanutbutter in a toast
    Peanutbutter on the top of vanilla icecream
    Peanutbutter as a sauce
    Chicken roasted in peanutbutter
    Noodles in a wok, roasted with peanutbutter
    Rice crackers with peanutbutter

And Peanutbutter and nutella, on the spoon.

1. cat on a soapbox profile image95
      cat on a soapboxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

such wonderful culinary inspiraton- thanks!  smile

15. vespawoolf profile image90
    vespawoolfposted 11 years ago

I also love PB&J, especially if it's chunky homemade peanut butter spread onto homemade honey-wheat bread with a thin smear of blackberry or raspberry jam. Peanut butter is also delicious with a drizzle of honey and slices of banana. Just mash the slices into the sandwich a bit so they won't slide out while you're trying to eat!

16. profile image0
    camillewagnerposted 11 years ago

Most people think it sounds weird, but I like spoonfulls of peanut butter (straight from the jar!) with grapes. I'm gluten intolerant so this is my way of still having peanut butter and jelly. However, I have candida as well so soon the peanut butter and grapes will *both* be gone from my diet! sad Cashew butter is the best nut butter substitute I've found for peanut butter. It tastes like some amazing kind of candy bar. Bummer is its so expensive.

17. flacoinohio profile image78
    flacoinohioposted 11 years ago

I personally like peanut butter and whipped marshmallow cream sandwiches.  My kids call them "fluffer nutters" and they are delicious.  One of the best things to eat when you are having a sweet tooth craving and you don't have any chocolate!

1. Laura Prado-Ochoa profile image55
      Laura Prado-Ochoaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

apple slices! use the peanut butter as a dip.

2. cat on a soapbox profile image95
      cat on a soapboxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yum! I'm seeing some graham cracker treats. smile

18. Laura Prado-Ochoa profile image55
    Laura Prado-Ochoaposted 11 years ago

bumps on a log is made as follows,
    the celery plays as the log,
    fill the celery with peanut butter,
    then add pieces of chocolate and place them on top of the peanut butter.
    and presto! bumps on a log,

or you can also make ants on a log and substitute the chocolate pieces with raisins for a more healthier version.

Both are good!

19. JessBraz profile image90
    JessBrazposted 11 years ago

I'm a fan of the old school PB&J as well.. BUT! I also enjoy PB and Nutella sammies, PB and Banana is good as well... And when I was a kid, I could've lived on toast with PB and brown sugar.. Yum.

20. Jesmo profile image58
    Jesmoposted 11 years ago

Peanut butter, tomato and onion sandwich. Or a burger with peanut butter and pineapple.

21. celeste inscribed profile image88
    celeste inscribedposted 11 years ago

For me it is sliced banana, but apricot jam is another favorite.

22. profile image53
    lovertina200posted 11 years ago

tina1keita@yahoo.com
    hello
    my name is Tina i saw your profile here today and i love it and i will also like to know more about you please i will like you to email me back with my email address (tina1keita@yahoo.com) so that i will give you my pictures for you to know whom i am, waiting for your lovely reply soon.
    miss Tina
    $_________$..o*:.0:...*
    _$_________$_$$$$$$$$$$$
    ´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶
    ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶
    ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶
    ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ´¶¶¶¶¶
    ´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

Wow--how do you remove spam from this area???

23. Ebonny profile image81
    Ebonnyposted 11 years ago

Crunchy peanut butter with sliced tomatoes on toast is deeeeeeeeelicious!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)