jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

How much longer will you have to wait for Spring where you are located?

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 3 years ago

How much longer will you have to wait for Spring where you are located?

It is now March 9, 2015.  March 20th in the USA is (as I recall) termed "the first day of Spring."  Such a designation for a country as large as the USA may be some kind of an average designation.
    What does "Spring" mean to you, and when do you expect to start enjoying it in 2015 where you live?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7594361_f260.jpg

2. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 3 years ago

Despite the chosen photo from a past year taken in that year's January, this passing winter has been a very mild one with repeated records for daily high temperatures; a truly extraordinary winter, as extraordinary in our terms as this winter elsewhere has been extraordinary for low temperatures and snowfall.
    Here in Utah we have forsythia in blossom, jonquils, primroses, and crocus too.  We are ahead of schedule with fruit trees ready to blossom!
    We may "get zapped" with a heavy frost, and lose some of this year's fruits, but 57 F. and headed into the 60's is a hopeful indication that Spring has already sprung here.

Perspycaciousposted 21 months agoin reply to this

The fruits were more numerous than any year yet, and that goes back some. Now we are dealing with a record number of 100+ F. days and water restrictions.  The mild spring temps and rainfall led to the fruits galore.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Hopefully not much longer. I'm in New Jersey and today was mild enough that I was able to take a walk during my lunch break. It was very satisfying to see the snow finally beginning to melt and rush towards the storm drains in big gurgling streams of water.

4. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12263993_f260.jpg

It is already here in the Sunburn State. I have not been awakened by frost yet. We had two evenings in the 30s back in December. Spring historically arrives after the first week of March; yet, this "winter" we have not even suffered from frost.  I think it is safe to assume it is here in Central Florida, 75 degrees today... Keep in mind, our suffering generally comes in the summer beginning around mid-June when our state resembles a blast-furnace and the coolest place is 30 feet under...

5. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 3 years ago

Where I live in New York State we still have well over a foot of snow on the ground. I swear the last glimpse I had of my lawn was the third week in November. This has been a tough, record breaking year for us. For me, spring means not seeing any snow and witnessing the eruption of the first crocus and daffodils, along with finally seeing my little chipmunk friends. Toward late April I will plant my cold crops, but here, we still have to wait for Memorial Day to plant tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers for fear of a late frost.

6. handymanbill profile image80
    handymanbillposted 3 years ago

To long. I have had enough of winter. Tore the ligament on my  Quadriceps muscle and had to have it operated on. The sooner spring is here the better. Enough winter fir the year.

7. Jay Crihfield profile image71
    Jay Crihfieldposted 3 years ago

I'm in Chicago....thought Spring had sprung yesterday, it was in the 70's here....but today it's back in the low 40's.  For me Spring is anytime you can comfortably get outside and be active.  A few weeks ago we had some relatively warm days but I wouldn't call those spring weather because there was still tons of snow on the ground, or in areas where it had melted the grass was a sloppy muddy mes..

Perspycaciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Our apricot trees are already dropping some of their blossom's petals for a different white coating the ground beneath them!  I'm ready to paint large soap buckets red, green, yellow, and blue to house tomato plants and decorate this year's garden!

8. profile image0
    MsLowrieposted 21 months ago

It is currently 8/7/2016, so seven months. :-D

working