jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

When you make homemade macaroni and cheese, what kind of cheese or kinds of chee

1. randomcreative profile image94
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

When you make homemade macaroni and cheese, what kind of cheese or kinds of cheeses do you use?

2. lockgirl profile image60
    lockgirlposted 6 years ago

I like using a mixture of cheeses . Cheddar cheese is always the main cheese ( whatever cheddar cheese you like) I also like to toss in Colby Jack or Pepper Jack

3. EmpressAwesome profile image57
    EmpressAwesomeposted 6 years ago

Oh my gosh, I love homemade mac and cheese. (Not to brag, but my family always wants me to make the mac and cheese on special occasions because I make it so well.) I use sharp cheddar, mozzarella, colby, monterey jack, and muenster. Sooo good! The more cheese the better, so all in all I use about six cups of cheese for one pound of pasta.

4. Dardia profile image76
    Dardiaposted 6 years ago

I agree with the two above but I use extra sharp cheddar mostly. Often times I just boil the macaroni then drain, stir in some cheese, cover and let stand for a few minutes and eat. Fast easy and the family loves it. It isn't as good for a leftover this way but it great freshly made.

5. JanuaryFry profile image69
    JanuaryFryposted 6 years ago

When I make homemade mac & cheese, I use co-jack, mozzarella, and cheddar. Yummy and gooey!

6. renegadetory profile image98
    renegadetoryposted 6 years ago

If I have time and want to make a white sauce for my cheese, then medium cheddar or older.  If I'm in a hurry, I just melt some Cheez Whiz :-)

7. nifty@50 profile image76
    nifty@50posted 6 years ago

I like a Monterey jack & Cheddar Blend and Velveeta with Sharp Cheddar baked on top. The top is darker than the insides, for a nice contrast. http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Make-A-B … c-N-Cheese

8. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 6 years ago

extra sharp cheddar. The sharper the cheese the better sauce. But I also make mine by making a white gravy with butter, flour, milk and pepper, and then add the cheese to melt it into the gravy. That way each noodle gets coated smile

9. jtrader profile image18
    jtraderposted 3 years ago

I use the box mix plus cheddar, mozzarella, Anchor butter and Serge Island Jamaica cow's milk.

working