jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you trust the food you eat?

1. Jojo Yousef profile image72
    Jojo Yousefposted 2 years ago

Do you trust the food you eat?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

if it home cooked food, yes, I trust myself, at least i don't put in MSG and salt that much

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Generally speaking yes. If I distrusted a food I probably would not then eat it. If asked are there foods I have less faith in regarding health values I would also answer yes.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

Not even a little bit. Processed foods have laundry lists of ingredients I can't pronounce and misleading nutrition facts. And even whole foods have controversies about pesticides and GMOs. I would love to be more vigilant with what I eat, but eating well is like swimming upstream through cheap delicious junk food. I was raised on this stuff. So, when trying to make that change, everything is working against me.

5. Nastya Bronnikova profile image59
    Nastya Bronnikovaposted 2 years ago

Yes. If it looks bad or I'm not sure how it would agree with me, I won't eat it. If it's about more deep-running issues, like chemicals or environmental conditions, I honestly don't see the point of working myself up. I can't monitor the production process from start to finish, I don't have enough time or money to rigorously filter the stuff I buy, so what difference would distrust make, aside from constantly feeling stressed out?

6. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 2 years ago

I trust most of it -- we grow most of our own produce, and eat primarily locally hunted meat (from friends' kills or this town's deer management program). My husband prepares nearly all of the meals. He is a chef and also spent most of his working life in surgery, so he has a deep respect for microbiological dangers in the kitchen and always adheres to strict food handling rules. We do still have to buy some food from the stores, i.e. my kids LOVE bananas and oranges, but there's no way we can grow those in Wyoming...and yes, a few processed foods too. I figure that it rarely kills people who eat a lot more of it than we do (obesity issues aside), so a moderate amount hopefully isn't too terrible for our health.